Taking great photos
Photos sell cars, so it’s important to get some good shots of your Figaro looking its best. We show you how.
The first step is to clean your Figaro thoroughly. Make sure you keep the camera steady, checking the camera’s focus is sharp and not blurred – most cameras have an automatic setting for this. Avoid:
- Parking on a dirty street.
- Taking photographs in dull, overcast weather or at night.
- Taking pictures from above or too low down.
- Artificial light and direct sunlight.
- Cutting part of the car off, unless you’re photographing details.
- Park your car somewhere bright and spacious if possible – a clean driveway is ideal.
- Leave plenty of room for you to walk around the vehicle and take pictures from different angles.
- Remove any distractions such as luggage and rubbish.
- Make sure the car is well lit but not too bright.
You what to photograph?
- Front straight-on
- Back straight-on
- Side profile
- Roof Down
- Close-up of a wheel and hubs
- The dashboard
- Front and rear seats
- Inside the wet boot
- The engine bay
- Any damage to your car
Remember to take more than one picture of each area to give you choice later on. Try to keep the whole car in the image.